Resources for Exploring Programs
- Exploring Resources are available online.
- The Five Step Plan for Post Program Development Guide
is designed for use in the briefing meeting of key staff members of a
potential participating organization. Available from your local office.
- Exploring Program Guides:
each of the 12 clusters in Exploring has a program guide that includes
specifics on the Five Step plan and other resources and forms. Also
available from your local office
- Facts Every Teen Should Know About Sexual Abuse.
This article explores specific sexual abuse issues, includes a
suggested discussion guide for youth and adult leaders, and lists
resources for more information about sexual abuse.
- Exploring Inserts: see your local staff for copies:
- Exploring Promotional Insert (99-992)
- Engineering Exploring Promotional Insert (99-993)
- Skilled Trades Exploring Promotional Insert (99-703)
- Fire Service Exploring Promotional Insert (99-701)
- Law Enforcement Exploring Promotional Insert (99-700)
- Communications Exploring Promotional Insert (99-460)
- Aviation Exploring Promotional Insert (99-443)
- Health Careers Exploring Promotional Insert (99-312)
These are resource to market the Exploring program.
Each four color inert features photos on the front and endorsements on
the back for each cluster listed above. The inside reviews how
Exploring program is organized around the five areas of program
- Career Opportunities
- Life Skills
- Character education
- Leadership Experience
- Student Career Interest Survey This tool is used to assess the careers young people wish to peruse. It also serves as the marketing tool for Exploring.
Students complete the form selecting two careers and hobbies choices
from a listing on the back. Learning for Life has computer software to
enable the form to be scanned (using an NCS scanner) and to have
reports printed using Microsoft Access.
- Awards recognitions and scholarships: A variety of different items are available to recognize outstanding achievement by Explorers
and volunteer adult leaders.
- Safety First Learning for Life Guidelines provides guidelines that address the
need to protect participants from potential hazards. A copy of the guidelines is
- Drug Abuse Prevention for Teens is a program
supplement developed jointly by Learning for Life and the Drug Enforcement Agency.
- Exploring 60th Anniversary Celebration logo. [PDF] [TIF] (right click on the link and Save Link As... to download the TIF)
- Fiscal Policies and Procedures for Exploring Posts FAQ [PDF]
Copyright © 2005 ·
Learning for Life